Team Leader (Shift Manager)
Bevern View, Barcombe, near Lewes, BN8 5FJ
37.5 hours per week
Salary £21,020 - £22,487
We are looking for a Shift Manager to join our friendly team at a growing charity, passionate about helping to improve the lives of people with profound disabilities.
The Shift Manager role is integral in ensuring that our complex and disabled young adults receive the very best care and opportunities, overseeing a team of Support staff on shift to ensure that all resident requirements are met.
- Applicants must hold a level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care
- Deemed competent in administering medication
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Computer literate
The Bevern Trust offers more from life for profoundly disabled people. Love, care, freedom and opportunity are at the heart of what we provide in a fun and enjoyable way.
Bevern View is purpose-built accommodation in the heart of the Sussex countryside in Barcombe, near Lewes and is dedicated to providing an active fulfilling life for our residents.
Served by over sixty full and part time staff, Bevern View has 11 beds for 9 permanent and 2 respite residents, all of whom have a series of highly complex needs, including special dietary needs.
Bevern View has recently received a very positive CQC report and we are determined to improve further.
- Oversee the team working on shift so that all resident health issues are well managed and person centred plans are effectively delivered
- Maintain the performance of the support staff with supervisions
- Cover night shifts as required and complete all on-call duties
- Support the Registered Manager in the day to day running of the home and rota managment
- Dispense medication and ensure that all administrative procedures are followed and documented
- Ensure health issues arising with residents are communicated to the Clinical Advisor
- As part of you role you will be expected to lead by example and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Communicate clearly with residents, colleagues, parents and visitors
- The opportunity to assist our residents with physio and hydrotherapy routines
- Excellent training as part of your development
- Training from health professionals such as nurses, therapists and physiosTraining from health professionals such as therapists and physios
- Health and wellbeing program
Transport essential due to location. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bevern Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.