Bevern View, Barcombe, near Lewes, BN8 5FJ
35 hours per week over 5 shifts, consisting of both early (7.45am - 2.45pm) and late shifts (2.30pm - 9.30pm)
Salary £17,391- £17,666.40 (£9.53 - £9.68 per hour)
At The Bevern Trust we offer love, care, freedom and opportunity allowing people with complex physical disabilities to get more from life and are looking for candidates to join our friendly team at our charity.
This successful candidate will be a member of our dedicated team, supporting our residents throughout the day, giving individualised care and working in a person centred approach.
- Great communication skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Assisting with providing personal care and support
- Assisting residents on trips and outings
- Assisting with eating and drinking
- Assisting with an individual’s daily needs while promoting independence and positive based outcomes
- To develop an understanding of each person’s communication needs and styles, in order to facilitate effective communication
- Following safe manual handling guidelines
- Safeguarding our residents
- A supportive induction process and continued support through supervision and appraisal
- Excellent training from health professionals such as therapists and physios
- The opportunity to assist our residents with physio, hydrotherapy, sensory and rebound sessions
- Health & Wellbeing program, including paid physical and mental wellbeing support
- Support towards achieving your Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care and future development
Transport is essential due to the location.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to HR@beverntrust.org
All applicants invited for an interview will be asked to provide documentary evidence confirming their right to work in the UK.
This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.